I received the following error message:
- Unable to Locate Your Alumni Record
- No error message, returned to login screen after submitting activation form.
Other Questions or Concerns:
- I am student/faculty/staff and can't activate my account. How can I gain access to the Kellogg Alumni Network?
- I do not know my Alumni ID or my WildCard ID
- I have been receiving a large amount of spam addressed to my kellogg.northwestern.edu account. What can I do about it?
- I have tried everything listed on this page, and I still cannot activate my account. What do I do next?
The error may occur due to one of the following reasons:
Last Name as entered does not match Last Name in your record.
- Have you recently changed your last name?
- If so, please contact Kellogg Customer Service Representative at either 847-467-ALUM (2586) or 847-491-4206 so that we can update your name and then help you activate your account.
- Is your last name hyphenated?
- Please try to activate using both of your last names with and without hyphenation.
Incorrect designation of "executive" program.
- Be sure not to confuse "EMP" (Executive Master's Program) with "Executive Education".
Class Year submitted does not match the data in your record.
- Have you confused matriculation date with your graduation date?
- Your matriculation date is the year you started and graduation date is the year you finished your program.
- Do you have multiple degrees from Northwestern University?
- Please enter the most recent year you received a degree or certificate from Kellogg only.
- Did you graduate in December?
- Your graduation date may be recorded as the following calendar year.
Date of Birth submitted does not match the data in your record.
- Be sure that your date of birth is in the following format: mm/dd/yyyy
Alumni ID or Wildcard ID does not match the data in your record.
- Please remember to enter ONE form of ID only.
- Be sure to enter the ID you choose into the correct field of the activation form
Operating System Issue
Please check to make sure that the time, date, and time zone on your computer are correctly set to reflect your geographical location:
- Double-click on the time displayed at the lower right corner of your screen.
- A window should pop up entitled Date and Time Properties
- Check to make sure both the date and time are set correctly
- Click on the second tab to Time Zone
- Check to make sure your correct Time Zone is displayed.
- Please make sure that you are using the latest version (6.0) of Internet Explorer.
- Clear Cookie Cache:
- Open your Internet browser
- Click on the link marked Tools at the top of your Internet browser window
- Click on the link for Internet Options
- Under the General tab, click the button marked Delete Cookies. You will be prompted to click OK to clear all cookies.
- Set Northwestern as an Allowed site for cookies:
- Go to the Privacy tab
- Click on the Edit button near the bottom of the Privacy tab
- Under "Address of Web site" type northwestern.edu and click the Allow button. The domain northwestern.edu should be moved to the box entitled "Managed Web sites"
- Click OK and then OK again to close these windows
- Try to Activate Your Account again
Students, faculty and staff should use their current NetID and password. There is no need to activate.
We have been contacted by a small number of your colleagues experiencing the same frustration and they have found success in alleviating this problem after referencing Northwestern's Internet safety site: http://www.it.northwestern.edu/security/spam/.
If you have tried everything on this page and are still experiencing difficulties with activating your account, contact our Alumni Relations office by phone (847-467-2586) or by email.